- Revenue Management online course
- Certified Hospitality Revenue Management
- Certified Hospitality Sales Professional
- Certified Hospitality Trainer
- Certified Hospitality Department Trainer
- Certified Hospitality Supervisor
- Certified Guest Service Professional
- Certified Hotel Concierge
- Business Insight with Tableau in Hospitality
- Certified Hospitality Educator
Certified Hospitality Sales Professional
The Certified Hospitality Sales Professional (CHSP®) certification is available to all areas of hospitality sales to include the selling of rooms, conventions/conferences, and banquets/catering. Sales professionals must possess effective marketing and revenue management skills, and strive to maintain and improve sound business practices and judgement. Achieving the CHSP®certification confirms that you have a place among the best in your profession, are abreast of current trends and latest hospitality protocols; and serves as leverage in current and future career opportunities.
Workshop followed by Exam
The intensive 3-day workshop is led by an AHLEI-certified instructor to familiarize candidates with topics and materials in preparation for the AHLEI exam. Upon enrollment into the CHSP®program, each candidate receives a package containing the Study Materials in English. For the workshops, you can choose between our venues, online teaching via videoconferencing, or the training on site at your location with attractive B2B pricing. All CHSP workshops consist of 18 hours of instruction in English with German clarifications if needed. At the end of each workshop, the instructor will proctor a paper-based exam available in three languages (English, German and French). The candidate can choose to take the exam immediately after the workshop, or within 12 months after enrollment. The CHSP®exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within a two hour time period. All test questions are designed to test the candidate’s mastery of various competencies derived from six key areas of knowledge in combination with on-the-job hospitality work experience. The key areas of testing are:
- The Marketing Plan
- Business and Leisure Travelers
- Travel Agents and Meeting Planners
- The Sales Office and Reservations
- Revenue Management
- Personal and Telephone Sales
Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% to earn the CHSP®designation. Candidates who do not achieve a 70% score may retake the exam up to two additional times at a cost of $50 per attempt.
Upon successful completion of the Exam the candidate receives Certificates from both AHLEI and the Swiss Hotel Association « hotelleriesuisse », and the CHSP®Lapel Pin.
Because individual backgrounds vary widely in the hospitality industry, applicants may pursue the CHSP®designation if currently employed in these qualifying positions:
- Fifty percent or more of the duties and responsibilities involve sales of sleeping rooms and/or meeting space to groups or individuals. All areas of hospitality sales are included: room, convention/conference, banquet/catering, group, etc.
Candidate Time in Position: 6-months, OR
- One current AHLEI supervisor, management, department head, or executive certification eliminates time requirement
- Degree from an accredited academic institution eliminates time requirement
How to Apply
For the Online Application, have the following documents available to upload:
- The Certified Hospitality Sales Professional (CHSP®) application form available on our website. It should be signed by you and your immediate supervisor.
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts (if applicable)
Applications must be submitted not later than 4 weeks prior to the workshop.
Out of stock
- 3-day workshop (or 18 hours of instruction),
- Study Materials,
- AHLEI Exam,
- AHLEI and Swiss Hotel Association « hotelleriesuisse» Certificates,
- CHSP®Lapel Pin.