- Revenue Management online course
- Certified Hospitality Revenue Management
- Certified Hospitality Sales Professional
- Certified Hospitality Trainer
- Certified Hospitality Department Trainer
- Certified Hospitality Supervisor
- Certified Guest Service Professional
- Certified Hotel Concierge
- Business Insight with Tableau in Hospitality
- Certified Hospitality Educator
Certified Hospitality Supervisor
The Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS®) designation provides recognition of skills and competencies they need to manage their time. Supervisors will gain the know-how to communicate effectively, motivate their employees, resolve workplace conflicts, and to gain the respect, trust and support from the people who work for them.
Workshop followed by Exam
Intensive 3-day workshop is led by an AHLEI-certified instructor to familiarize candidates with topics and materials in preparation for the AHLEI exam. Upon enrollment into the CHS®program, each candidate receives Supervisory Skill Builder workbooks. For the workshops, you can choose between our venues or the training on site at your location with attractive B2B pricing. All CHS workshops consist of 24 hours of instruction in English.
At the end of each workshop, the instructor will proctor a paper-based exam available in three languages (English, German and French). The candidate can choose to take the exam immediately after the workshop, or within 6 months after enrollment. The CHS®exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions that must be answered within a two-hour time period. All test questions are designed to test the candidate’s mastery of various competencies derived from nine key areas of knowledge in combination with on-the-job hospitality work experience. The key areas of testing are:
- Time Management
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution
- Orientation and Training
- Motivation and Team Building
- Staffing and Scheduling
- Improving Employee Performance
Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% to earn the CHS®designation. Candidates who do not achieve a 70% score may retake the exam up to two additional times at a cost of $25 per attempt. Upon successful completion of the Exam the candidate receives Certificates from both AHLEI and the Swiss Hotel Association « hotelleriesuisse », and the CHS®Lapel Pin
How to Apply
For the Online Application, have the following documents available to upload:
- The Certified Hospitality Supervisor (CHS®) application form available on our website. It should be signed by you and your immediate supervisor.
- Current Resume
- Job Description
- Copy of diploma or transcripts (if applicable)
Applications must be submitted not later than 4 weeks prior to the workshop.
Out of stock
- 3-day workshop (or 24 hours of instruction),
- Study Materials,
- AHLEI Exam,
- AHLEI and Swiss Hotel Association « hotelleriesuisse» Certificates,
- CHS®Lapel Pin.